Friday, July 9, 2010

Nicki Minaj Announces Release Date, Alter Ego


After becoming the first female emcee to reach the very top of the Billboard Rap charts in seven years, Nicki Minaj has finally announced the release date of her debut album. "Yes. It's time,"
she tweeted on Thursday. "November 23rd."

The Young Money artist, whose real name is Onika Maraj, told MTV News that she is working with big name producers, and that she wants fans to get to know the real her. "The album is coming along just spectacular. I been doing a lot of work with Swizz [Beatz] and the stuff that we been coming upon is magical. When people hear the album, they're going to get to know Onika. And no one knows Onika. I really didn't think I would be this excited about the songs that I'm coming up with. I'm really, really proud."

While she wants audiences to learn more about Onika, she also says she is going to introduce her alter ego, Roman Zolanski. "As of now, you'll know Nicki and you'll know Roman, my crazy alter ego Roman Zolanski. But you'll meet Onika before the year ends."

Minaj's debut album is currently untitled.

No comments:

Post a Comment