Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lil Wayne hints that he may retire while he’s still on top!!!

Lil Wayne’s upcoming album ‘Tha Carter IV’ may very well be his last. In his cover story for the July/August 2011 issue of XXL magazine, Lil Wayne hints that he may retire while he’s still on top:
I’m bowing out still on top, I’ma make y’all want me when I retire. I’ma make y’all be like, ‘Nooo!’ I ain’t leaving out this b*tch when y’all be like, ‘Yeah, it’s about time, dawg.’ Carter IV might be my last one. I’ma make y’all be like, ‘F*ck!’ Yeah, n*gga, I’m gone.
Wayne also revealed that his forthcoming album is all about how interesting Dwayne Michael Carter is and what the future holds for his artists Drake and Nicki Minaj.

What is good about me is that I’m an interesting muthaf–ka. I’m Dwayne Michael Carter period! Whether I’m a rapper or not, I’m interesting. And that’s what my album’s gonna be about: me and how interesting I am.
I expect to eat, and eat well. I expect [Drake] to be a lot more successful than he has ever been. I mean, this guy’s a superstar. He is the definition. That’s what I told y’all before he was: ‘That’s the definition of a superstar.’ And like Nicki, he’s only breaking ice. He has yet to be who he’s going to be. I’m banking on them.
Via Hip Hop Weekly and Entertainment Rundown

No comments:

Post a Comment