Monday, March 7, 2011

Bow Wow Talks Cash Money, Nicki Minaj’s Lottery Ticket Audition & Being Underrated


Bow Wow recently stopped by MTV’s The Wrap Up while on promo for his “Underrated” European Tour. During the interview, he revealed his thoughts on the Cash Money family, Nicki Minaj’s role in the film “Lottery Ticket” and being underrated.

I’m Cash Money, but you know we’re all under the same umbrella. It’s all the same thing we screaming out, ‘YMCMB.’ We’re all under one umbrella and that’s what it is, we all fit together well because we’re all so different. Nicki is the first female rapper on the label, Drake is the new artist and you’ve got Wayne, he’s a rock star. Then myself, I’m like the triple threat. I do the movies; I do the music, so we all contribute off of each other. I can open up doors in Hollywood for my team mates and just try to make things easier for them. Nicki wants to do movies; she was supposed to be in ‘Lottery Ticket’, a lot of people didn’t know that. She actually auditioned; I set it up and everything. So that’s just the power that I have, that’s what I can do, so it’s really all about just helping each other.
On Being A Part of Cash Money
It’s been lovely. It’s been one of the best situations I’ve ever been in, just being over here with Birdman and Wayne and the whole family: DJ Khalid, Drizzy, Nicki, Tyga, Lil Twist the whole nine yards. It’s just fun when you have that many people around you. A lot of people would think it would be chaotic or there would be ego problems, but there are not. Everybody is a hard worker and all that does it make the next artist work even harder, which makes it harder for our competition, people can’t complete with what we’re doing. We’re leading the pack right now.
On Being Underrated
I feel like a lot of dudes who get recognition in the game, I’ve been doing it longer than them and I think people are stuck in the right now, that they forget about the past and that’s one thing that I don’t do. That’s a discredit to somebody’s past and especially their numbers, because like J (Jay-Z) said: ‘They don’t lie, stats don’t lie.’ I just get tired of that sometimes, when you work so hard and you’re passionate about what you do, you want to get acknowledged for it. Other than Eminem and Jay-Z, I can’t tell you another rapper who has sold out Madison Square Garden five times, besides me! I’m in that bracket, but people won’t say that because they are so caught up with the past and Lil’ Bow Wow and are not focused on the current.
Read More over at Wrap Up

No comments:

Post a Comment