Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rumor Control: Nicki Minaj Did Not Hire Benny Medina As Her Manager Read more

Early this morning, it was reported that Nicki Minaj had decided to “dismiss” Diddy as her manager and should would now be managed by Benny Medina. The reports were generated from a press release that was sent out “allegedly” from Young Money. It also quoted Nicki as saying the following:

“By now, everyone should now that I am really strict when it comes to my representation. I had sympathy for Sean however I feel as if I haven’t gotten the guidance the manager is supposed to give his client. Personally, I feel like I’m being managed by mother. Even if you play the smallest role on my team, I wish to see progress. I’d like to thank him for everything he has done for me; for taking me under his wing. I wish him the best with repping Rick. But now that my album is about to drop, its time to get serious and stop playing games. If I could turn back time…I wouldn’t have made the decision to let Troy go.”
This statement was so unprofessional and should have sent red flags to the media as soon as she stated “I feel like I’m being managed by my mother”. Nicki Minaj should be at a point in her career where she should know to choose her words wisely when sending out a statement regarding someone she use to work with. She also refers to her old manager as Troy in the statement, when it was widely reported that she had left her manager Deb Atney earlier this year.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MEDIA REQUESTS REGARDING THIS RELEASE.

Lisa Castellanos
Rise To Tha Top
(212) 331-2110
(917) 627-9271
Kselbyasst@gmail.com
Lisa Castellos from a “Rise To Tha Top” agency? A gmail account? & How much time does it take to call those numbers and realize that none of them are in service?
The point of the post is to say, we get tons of “blogworthy” emails to our inbox every day and it’s getting harder by the day to distinguish what’s real or fake….however, it didn’t take much for us to realize that this statement was faker than a three dollar bill.
Sidenote: Nicki Minaj and Diddy have never confirmed that he is really her manager.
Update: According to Nicki’s twitter, she’s never even met Benny Medina.
Whomever sent this out has a lot of time on their hands..

source

No comments:

Post a Comment