Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rihanna Recounts Assault Incident: “I Needed That Wake Up Call In My Life”


Rihanna opens up about the highly publicized and devastating assault incident with her former boyfriend Chris Brown in the upcoming issue of Marie Claire UK. In the very emotional interview, she broke down in tears as she opened up about the infamous 2009 incident and how she dealt with the aftermath. She also revealed that the scrutiny she received broke her down but she is now in a new relationship and much happier place in life.

On how she felt after the assault incident
God has a crazy way of working, and sometimes when stuff happens you feel like, “What did I do to deserve this?” Why was it backfiring on me?’
‘I was very lost. I have to say I felt really confused. I hate talking about it but it was really crazy because I felt so out of touch with myself and when that happens. Nothing you say or do feels like it’s you. You just lose touch of everything that you love and everything you would normally do; how you would dress or how you would say something. It just feels like it’s not coming from you. It’s just this one empty vase. I felt like an empty vessel.”
On her turning point:
One day. I remember I was in New York at the Trump Hotel and I woke up and I just knew I was over it.’ ‘I needed that wake-up call in my life. I needed a turning point, and that’s what God was giving to me.”
On the scrutiny
‘All this terrible stuff they say to you, it breaks you down, [But] once you’re back on your feet – if you ever make it back on your feet – that’s the ultimate achievement.’
On her relationship with Matt Kemp
I feel like I smile for real this time. The smiles come from inside, and it exudes in everything I do. ‘People feel my energy is different. When I smile they can tell that it’s pure bliss and not just a cover up.’

No comments:

Post a Comment