Monday, September 27, 2010

Bishop Eddie Long "I'm Going To Fight"

bishop eddie longBishop Eddie Long, the pastor of New Birth Church in Georgia, is being accused of sexual misconduct by four young men, two of which are former members of LongFellows Youth Academy. The irony is the academy sought to teach teenagers about sexual and fiscal discipline. Long allegedly used money, gifts, and trips to seduce these young men, but when addressing the large congregation at New Birth this morning he said, “I've been accused; I'm under attack. I want you to know, as I said earlier, I am not a perfect man…But this thing I'm going to fight."



State and federal authorities have stated that they will not investigate the allegations because the age of consent in GA is 16, and all four men were 17 or 18 when the alleged abusive relationships began. Clearly his lawyers advised him not to go into specifics about the case publicly, but his final words to his church were "I feel like David, and I got 5 rocks and I haven't thrown one yet" then he grabbed his wife and walked off stage.  It will be interesting to see how this case pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment