Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"Takers" Debuts At Number Two Over The Weekend

Takers earns $21 million at the box office, but falls just short of the number one spot thanks to The Last Exorcism.
Takers the new action flick starring T.I., Chris Brown, Idris Elba, and more has secured the number two spot at the box office following its release over the weekend.
The Washington Post reports that Takers lost the number one spot to the horror film The Last Exorcism by a very small margin. The Last Exorcism made around $21.3 million over the weekend while Takers fell a little short at $21 million.
Earnings from Takers will give Atlanta rapper T.I. a nice boost to his yearly earnings that have so far topped $9 million. The rapper both starred in the film and helped on the producing end.
“As an actor the opportunity was extended to me to become a part of this [vision],” said T.I. in an interview with Shade 45. “As I read the script I was instantly intrigued by it just because of the dynamics of the story. I had comments and things that I felt that would make the movie better from the perspective of my character and just with the storyline.”
Takers and The Last Exorcism were followed by The Expendables which made $9.5 million at the box office.

No comments:

Post a Comment