Friday, August 20, 2010

Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Raekwon Record Collaboration


Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Raekwon Record CollaborationUPDATE: The song is in the can, as Rae headed to New York City to record with Kanye, a verse that 'Ye called "crazy!!!"
While Twitter has been known to create and air out rifts between celebrities, it has also acted as a platform for them to communicate their admiration for one another. Such was the case when Kanye West contacted Justin Bieber through the social networking site and asked him to be a part of a potential project with himself and Raekwon.

'Ye and Bieber corresponded back and forth on Wednesday, before the rapper invited the young singer to appear on a track. He wrote, "I'm honored that you like my Music @JustinBieber!!! You gotta hear the album. Maybe we can do something together. Me, You, and Raekwon."

Bieber responded, "Me, u, and the chef 2gether on a song = EPIC. Might sound crazy 2 u but even having this convo is a living dream. Thanks."
On Wednesday, XXLMag.com spoke to Raekwon, who confirmed the collaboration.  "It's definitely gonna happen," said the veteran emcee. "When you got these kinda talents merging together to do something exciting, I think it's something that's gonna make the fans check it out. I'm big fans of both of these guys. I think, at the end of the day, shorty is a sensation. And [for him] to acknowledge me it makes me feel good that the young generation is checking me out like that. And at the same time it gives me a position to play a big brother in the game. He wants my assistance or whatever he can get it. I respect him. I like his style."

Rae explained how a record featuring the three could be huge since each has his own fan base. "Yeezy called me and we gon' make it pop," he said. "At the end of the day we're all doing our thing in the game and for them to even just have a conversation and just put my name in it, it feels good…And we gon' make a hit. Justin got his own fan base and me and Yeezy got our own fan base and we gon' make it happen. We gon' make a good record." (August 18)
UPDATE: The song has been completed, as Kanye West tweeted this morning about Raekwon's verse, while the Wu-Tang Clan member confirmed they recorded together.

Just got off the plane, then dropping my bags off then shooting to the studio to get up wit @kanyewest!less than a minute ago via ƜberTwitter


Finishing @JustinBieber Runaway Love remix too... don't know when they gonna drop it but Raekwon's verse is crazy!!!less than a minute ago via web

No comments:

Post a Comment