Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lebron James Welcomed In Miami Heat Celebration, Responds to Cavs Owner Read more: Lebron James Welcomed In Miami Heat Celebration, Responds to Cavs Owner


The Miami Heat had quite a celebration last night at the American Airlines Arena as they welcomed The Heat’s “Three Kings” Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. The trio received keys to the cities of Miami, Miami Beach and Miami-Dade County with the team’s announcer pegging the arena “Dwyane Wade’s House,” “LeBron James’s Kingdom,” and “Bosh’s Pit.”
According to the Washington Post, all three players signed 6 year contracts for less than the maximum money allowed by the salary cap to give the heat room to sign other free agents. Lebron James and Chris Bosh signed for $110 million dollars while Dwyane Wade signed for $107 million. Laker’s guard Derek Fisher has a meeting with Miami this weekend in hopes of working out a deal.
By Friday morning season ticket packages had sold out (hours after Lebron announced his decision to play for the Heat) and Miami fans snatched up 13,000 free tickets at the post signing celebration.
After getting a warm reception from Miami fans, Lebron voiced his opinion on what his former team’s owner had to say about him leaving Cleveland:
“I really don’t have a reaction to what Dan said. When things hit the fan, you see a guy’s true colors, and I understand that. I wish the organization the best of luck and I wish the fans the best of luck, because I still do love those fans. . . . Dan’s comments are not going to stop me and my family from sleeping at night. It just won’t do it.”
I understand now I made the right decision. And to hear my former owner’s comments, I also understand I made the right decision.”

No comments:

Post a Comment