Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Exclusive: Black Rob Released From Prison, No Longer Signed to Bad Boy

Black Rob is back. After being sentenced to seven years in prison back in 2006 for failing to show up to a previous sentence hearing for a grand larceny charge, the rapper is now a free man.
In an exclusive interview with BET News, two hours after being released from prison, Black Rob (born Robert Ross) details life behind bars and his mystery status with Bad Boy Records.
 "You had people in there man who felt like groupies every time they said hi to me," Rob told BET News correspondent Samson Styles. "‘Why you saying hi to him? You’re a groupie.’ You got certain brothers man, real dudes got pride. They’re going to approach me regardless. ‘What’s up man? How are you doing?’ Basically me, I had a couple of problems. But it never resulted into anything physical."


"It wasn’t just inmates, officers…no one is above jealousy in there," he continued. "You had officers in there being real disrespectful ripping pictures of my family off the wall and doing disrespectful things."
Leaving harsher times behind, BR is ready to hit the music circuit again. But there are many questions to be answered. Is Bad Boy still his home? Did Diddy support him while he was locked up?
"Nah. Well, I mean, you know I’m from the streets so if you tell me you love me and you tell me you my man, I’m going to take that and run with that

No comments:

Post a Comment