Thursday, October 20, 2011

T.I. On His Prison Release: “I Enjoyed Opening My Refrigerator”


T.I. on stageRapper/actor/author T.I. who was recently released after serving two prison stints within the last two years recently announced the release of his new book “Power & Beauty”. Tip recently sat down with our partners at HuffPo Black Voices and and opened up about penning his debut novel while behind bars, recording his next album, clearing the air with Diddy and his upcoming VH1 documentary:

What is the synopsis of your novel, “Power & Beauty”?
“Power & Beauty” is a fictional story that I collaboratively came up with, with David Ritz, and we set out to make a story about real characters living in the world that I’m all-too familiar with, and the conflicts and challenges that they experience as young teenagers. Or basically, going from their teenage years and being thrust into adulthood by real-life tragic circumstances and the decisions that they make which shapes the rest of their lives.
Upon your recent release, you also had a chance to perform on this year’s “BET Hip-Hop Awards.” How did it feel to grace the stage again?
It felt wonderful just to put my feet back onto the ground on this side of things. And everything that came with that was wonderful. For me, that performance was one of the things that came with it that week. I also enjoyed going to my son’s football game. I enjoyed sleeping in my own bed. I enjoyed opening my refrigerator, changing the channel on my television — you know, just the small things in life. And hitting the stage was just one of many things that I was able to get back to and enjoy that week. Actually I hit the stage a few times. Taylor Swift hit me up and we did our thing at Phillips Arena the day after [my release], I believe.
READ THE REST HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment