Style Network, of course we had to get all in her business and find out the Fabulosity-approved relationship tips.
According to Kimora’s team, “her number one priority remains her three children (Aoki, Ming and baby Kenzo) and husband, actor Djimon Hounsou, and Kimora remains intent on giving her brood the best family life possible.”
Here are Kimora Lee Simmons’ top tips for Loving in the Fab Lane:
1. “For a relationship, I think one great tip is that you should always love yourself. If you don’t love yourself, take care of yourself, cater to yourself and that little inner voice, you will really not be very worthy of being with someone else, because you won’t be the best version of you.”
2. “I look for someone is strong. I feel like my husband is very strong, distinguished, very sexy, very humble, very sweet, very loving.”
3. “Don’t allow someone to be a jerk. Don’t allow someone to disrespect you. listen to the bigger voice in your head telling you that you deserve the best, whatever that is – whatever that is you decide you like for yourself.”
4. “Don’t accept less than what it is that you know that you want.”
5. “Sometimes you’re the one shining and sometimes you’re the one supporting. I also know how to play my role and my responsibility very well.”
Great advice all around, Kimora! We’ll see you on Season 4 of “Kimora: Life In the Fab Lane,” the Style Network’s biggest hit! “Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane” airs on Style’s “Sundaylicious” nights at 9pm ET/PT.
Abiola Abrams, the Love Journalist, is an Author and Media Personality living in NYC. Catch her on MTV’s Made as a Ladies Man Coach and as an entertainment Correspondent on the BBC. You can find outtakes and the full Kimora Lee Simmons interview, audio and video, on Abiola’s award winning blog The Passionista Playbook at AbiolaTV.com. The new season of her web series premieres on March 9th, and catch her in this month’s Essence Magazine talking love and sex.The new season of her web series premieres on March 9th, and catch her in this month’s Essence Magazine talking love about love and sex.