Thursday, February 24, 2011

Aretha Franklin Releases Statement On Fantasia Boycotting The Grammy’s

Aretha Franklin is finally speaking out about Fantasia boycotting this year’s Grammy Awards. We received an exclusive statement from Aretha’s publicist stating that she was “sorry” the American Idol winner didn’t make the show and she also offered some advice to Fantasia:
“I was sorry to hear that Fantasia was upset because she did not get the opportunity to participate in my GRAMMY Tribute this year. I recall that in the past, Fantasia participated in both my MusicCares Person of the Year Tribute and my United Negro College Fund Tribute. Fantasia is still young in the business and although we all love and appreciate her she must understand that in this business of show business she will not always get to participate in everything she would like participate in. I’m sure it was not an intentional omission. I will see Fantasia over the summer here in Detroit.”
Ms. Aretha Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment