Thursday, January 27, 2011

RHOA's Peter Thomas Puts His Wife Cynthia In Check: 'She Better Step Up'

Earlier this week, BV posted an interview with Real Housewives of Atlanta cast member Cynthia Bailey. The beauty, who graces the cover of UPTOWN’s Weddings and Travel issue, spoke candidly about her summer nuptials to entrepreneur Peter Thomas. Anyone who follows the show knows all about the investment Cynthia made in Thomas’ now defunct restaurant venture. Cynthia dished her side of the story declaring, “I don’t know when I am getting that money back, but he’s going to have to give me something.”
We heart Cynthia and Peter, so it only seemed proper that both parties had the chance to address the seemingly touchy subject. Peter most certainly wanted to clarify a few points and set the record straight. In an exclusive with UPTOWN, the self-proclaimed “reckless mouth” didn’t hold back on a number of subjects, including marriage, the ex-factor, and how he really feels about the rest of the RHOA cast. In his words…
ON THE MONEY-LENDING INCIDENT
As much as I appreciate what she’s done, it probably came across to everybody that she put up all this money to help me build my restaurant. No. Initially, she put up $10,000. Uptown [Restaurant and Lounge] cost several hundred thousand dollars—$10,000 couldn’t buy the silverware and the plates at Uptown. 

So it’s not like she’s supported my vision and gave me money to build a restaurant ’cuz that’s not what happened. And I want to clear that up. I didn’t agree with her putting that out there to the public. But she’s on a reality show and she’s a new jack to it, so she might feel as if that’s what she needed to do. I didn’t agree to that. But I didn’t oppose either, especially if she’s telling the truth. She has the right to say it. But I don’t want the viewers to leave with the impression, “Oh, sh-t. He got with this model girl and she’s putting up all this money to support his sh-t.” That’s not the way it is.
SHE CAN’T TELL ME NO
If I need her to do something for me again, she better step up. That’s part of her duty as a wife. Because she’s never gonna call on me and I say no—never. It’s my duty as a husband to provide whatever support to [help] her go forward. The show that I’m on is called Atlanta Housewives, not Atlanta Husbands. I’m not getting paid to be on the show. But I have to do it to support my wife. So I just gotta bite my lip, swallow my spit, and call it a day.

Read the full story at UPTOWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment