Friday, December 10, 2010

Karrine Steffans Files Restraining Order Against Darrius McCrary


Another Day, Another Karrine Steffans Scandal…Darrius McCrary, otherwise known as “Eddie Winslow” from Family Matters has been slapped with a temporary restraining order after his “ex-wife” Karrine filed legal documents accusing him of abuse recently. According to the documents obtained by TMZ, Karrine claims he beat her with a belt and choked her in from of her son earlier this year. She also claims that he choked her and shoved her into a car in front of a crowd of people this past November.
A few weeks ago, Karrine drummed up a little publicity after posting the following message on her website

For the past several years, I have been involved in a highly abusive relationship. I have been choked, whipped with belts, thrown about, berated, belittled, raped, and disregarded as a human being. I have been abandoned and embarrassed, then, loved and coddled.
I have been caught in a vicious cycle and have left on many occasions, just to return.
I have found little support from my friends and family because I complain, and I cry, then I go back for more. I go back knowing that, one day, he’ll kill me but he’s all I have. He’s the only one who understands because he’s stuck in this cycle, too.
She also encouraged women that were being abused or knew someone that was being abused to call the National Domestic Abuse Hotline.
Why is it so hard to take her serious? I don’t think abuse is a joke and I don’t believe in a person deserving to get their butt whopped on the regular, no matter what they do, but seriously…In the past two years, it’s been a never ending cycle of restraining orders and police reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment