Monday, November 29, 2010

Wyclef's Presidential Run Comes to EP, Plus Exclusive Live Performance - Singersroom.com

Wyclef Jean
 Wyclef Jean will release a new six song EP dubbed, ‘If I Were President: My Haitian Experience,’ on Tuesday, December 7, 2010. The set is led by the single "Election Time," a provocative new universal song written in the wake of Wyclef's recent attempt to run for president in Haiti and “Haitian Experience,” which Wyclef performed live for Singersroom (below).
For the lead single "Election Time," it’s about the real world elections in both of Wyclef's countries--the United States and Haiti.

"It means the rebirth of my country. It means that the young people can bring about change," says Wyclef. "I would want to tell the youth of Haiti to go out and vote. We have had a long history of dictatorship in Haiti. It's not a Haitian right to vote that we are talking about. We are talking about a world right. Take your right. Your true weapon is your voting card. Use your weapon and use it wisely."

‘If I Were President: My Haitian Experience’ is a family affair, co- executive produced by Wyclef and his brother, Sedeck Jean. The two started together and then went separate ways in their careers until the Earthquake of January 2010 reunited them musically.

Wyclef describes ‘If I Were President: My Haitian Experience’ as "the life story of an immigrant. It's for everyone who has had to leave one place and adapt to another. It's about the refugee in all of us trying to fit in. But it's not all sorrowful. In life, there is love and hate, war and peace. It's both sides. This is the continuation of my music and it represents both sides. It's for all my fans. It's for those who love me for 'Gone 'Til November' and 'Hips Don't Lie,' too.”

"Every great album to me is inspired by real events. It's about what you've seen and experienced. They were done by the greats who came before me: Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, Fela Kuti. The music has to be real. Fela Kuti used his music as a tool for development of his people. You need to relate to the culture. If ‘I Were President: My Haitian Experience’ is about relating to the culture of Haiti which translate to the world."

Wyclef will follow "The Haitian Experience " with a world tour in 2011. .............Wyclef Jean - Haitian Experience Live (Exclusive).............




Wyclef's Presidential Run Comes to EP, Plus Exclusive Live Performance - Singersroom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment