Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lyfe Jennings Sentenced To 3.5 Years In Prison


Lyfe Jennings Sentenced To 3.5 Years In Prison
Lyfe Jennings faces hard time after a 2008 indictment.
R&B singer Lyfe Jennings was been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison yesterday 
(September 22) in an Atlanta court.
The sentencing stems from a 2008 indictment, which was the result of a heated confrontation with then-girlfriend a mother of Jennings' child.


Reports say Jennings kicked in the door of a house in Smyrna, Georgia, and fired three rounds from a .40 caliber glock into the street. He then fled the scene in a 2005 Corvette, and allegedly refused to stop for police.
Eventually, the singer was stopped, at which point he refused to take a sobriety test. He was charged with DUI test refusal, criminal trespassing, discharging a weapon near a street, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and fleeing or attempting to elude a police offer.
Jennings addressed the issue via his Twitter account (@Lyfeonline419). “To everyone who gave me a chance I am forever in your debt. I have had a fabulous career because of you. All I can say in parting is that I have been honest with [ya\'ll]. I didn’t sugarcoat a word didn’t hold back a single [syllable] of my life from [ya'll]. I’ve lived a hundred lives in these 6 yrs so I not only won’t,I don’t have the right to complain. I would like to think that I’ve changed lives by changing my own, tho[ugh] I can’t be sure. But one thing I am sure of is God gives and takes away in measure. He is fair, just and forever. Amen from a man… Smile, its contageous:)”
He released his fourth album, I Still Believe, on August 31.
More on this as it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment