Sunday, May 2, 2010

Eminem's Recovery To Include 'Dark' Track By Mobb Deep's Havoc

In a departure from his previous albums, the bulk of Eminem's forthcoming Recovery (due June 22) is being made by other producers. Just Blaze was announced as a major contributor last year, and in recent weeks Jim Jonsin (Beyoncé, Lil Wayne), Boi-1da (Drake), DJ Khalil (Clipse, Drake) were confirmed. Dr. Dre, of course, will handle some production duties as well.
On Thursday, Emimen revealed one more name, telling Shade 45 morning show host Angela Yee that Mobb Deep's Havoc also made the cut. The announcement was news to Hav, who was still waiting on confirmation.

"I honestly didn't think I was gonna make the project, but when I heard I did, I was definitely happy about it," Havoc told MTV News.
Eminem has been a longtime fan of Mobb Deep, and Hav has been trying to land a beat on a project with the Detroit lyricist for just as long. He told MTV News that he provided Slim Shady with a dark number featuring an interesting sample loop, which he wouldn't reveal just yet.
"When it came to him, it's like, I really didn't want to give him a track that he was already kind of familiar with rhyming to," Havoc said. "I just wanted to do me and doing me consists of doing all kinds of different styles than what they associate me with, which is dark-sounding. The track that I did for him, it's dark and at the same time it can go across the board as far as the content in the sample and what it's saying. I try to think outside the box but not go too far with it. I think I met myself somewhere in the middle, and I hit him with a track and it worked."
Since releasing last year's The Hidden Files, the New York producer is in between projects at the moment as he awaits the released of incarcerated Mobb Deep partner Prodigy.
What do you think about Eminem working with the Mobb Deep producer? Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment