Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dame Welcomes Jay-Z To The New Rocafella

Dame Dash has brought back Rocafella Records. He's gotten a distribution deal with Def Jam and he's planning to put out Curren$y under the new Roc label. Although he's relaunching the house that he, Jay, and Biggs built together, he's doing it without them this time. But Dame says there's no beef with Jay-Z, and he's welcome to come back to work with him. He spoke with MTV on the comeback:
"If Jay wanna come through and do something, he can come holla at me," Dash said. "I ain't got no beefs with Jay. Just off the strength that it's Roc-A-Fella, I could never tell Jay he can't be a part of something he helped create. So maybe it felt ridiculous that he said [me and Biggs couldn't be a part of Roc-A-Fella once we sold the company] and a Roc-A-Fella purists didn't appreciate that. If I walked away from Roc-A-Fella, then that would be different. But the option should always be there. So the option is there for him. He helped build that. And I don't hold grudges. I think one of the most important things in evolving is forgiveness. If he did something wrong or if I did something wrong, we'd have to forgive each other, or we'd still be children."
Do you think Jay-Z should join forces with Dame to resurrect Rocafella Records?

No comments:

Post a Comment